About this book
From conception to birth, Expecting Jewish! is the best resource for practical advice and helpful insight on preparing for motherhood from a Jewish perspective. Covering everything from the essentials of bris and baby-name planning to the mysticism of the mikvah, Expecting Jewish! is a guide for infusing Jewish customs and wisdom into each stage of the parenthood journey, from conception to the newborn days.
Expecting Jewish! doesn’t shy away from the most important conversations including genetic testing, infertility, miscarriage and pregnancy loss – and most importantly how Judaism can be a blessing throughout these difficult journeys.
Building on the Jewish value of inclusion the book also provides essential resources for interfaith couples, conversion and adoption!
The book shares an unfiltered perspective on what new parents can really expect during this stage of life, with advice from real moms who have lived through it. The book also includes interviews from prominent rabbis, Jewish thought leaders and social media game-changes who offer their own insights into what’s trending and what’s changing for Jewish women today when it comes to motherhood.
Here’s what you can expect to find in Expecting Jewish!
- How to choose a Hebrew or Jewish baby name
- How to plan a bris or baby naming
- Sacred kosher sex!
- Infertility, miscarriage and pregnancy loss
- Genetic testing
- Jewish adoption – Welcoming all children into our home
- The Jewish conversion process
- Spiritual birth plan and first blessings
- Healing and postpartum health
- Jewish nursery ideas and bedtime blessings